The REAL investments you should be making
Wouldn’t it be nice to invest well and retire to a beach somewhere. What should you invest in?
Here are some off-the-beaten-track ideas.
1. A classic car: they usually go up, depending on the car, mileage, history and condition.
2. Your body: make it healthier by going to the gym.
3. Your relationships with your parents: they won’t be around forever.
4. Your partner: they chose you out of all the people in the world.
5. Your child: you are all they have.
6. Your relationship with your best friend: because they are closer to you than your siblings.
7. Your sanity: take 30 minutes out of your day, every day and sit somewhere alone and listen to music that relaxes you.
8. Your mind: read and never stop reading.
9. Your eyes: limit your gadget-time per day.
10. Your soul: be compassionate and treat everyone the way you want to be treated.
11. A house: which is probably one of the best investments you will ever make and secures you to a certain extent, no matter what else happens.
12. Your health: as Hippocrates said “let food be thy medicine”. Most people are too obsessed with investing in things which bring materialistic or uncertain rewards.
People are too obsessed with the future and investing in their future, which is great. But what about now? Did you tell someone special that you love them? That’s an investment. Did you avoid putting junk in your body today and chose to eat/drink something healthy? That’s an investment. They say to invest wisely, you need to spread the risk. Well, go on then.. spread the risk.