Lockdown or “lock-up” as I would like to call it, has tested everyone. I don’t personally agree with it and think there are smarter ways of segregating people and not closing the economy down but hey, I don’t run the government! .
So, if Covid-20 comes in a few months, we are all going to be locked-up again? What kind of a stupid strategy is that for the world? With all these technological advancements, the best the world has come up with is to lock everyone up? That’s why I don’t discard other theories as to what is going on. Anyway...
1. If you are in a household with conflict, keep more to yourself. Many people are “lost” right now. So-called independent people are in desperate need of social interaction and social people are finding that they don’t mind being by themselves!
2. If you are in a household with easy relations, be more physical. Have more hugs, tell those around you that you love them.
3. Find a routine. Lockdown has totally taken your life control. This is why it’s important to have a daily routine, however monotonous. At least you will have control over that.
4. Exercise daily and have it as part of your routine. You need to free your mind at least once a day by with a long walk.
5. Learn “something”! Whether it is meditation, deep breathing or a new language, at least you will come out of this terrible time with a new skill.
6. Take solace in the fact that we are all in this together - the whole world!
7. Nothing lasts forever, including hard times like lockdown.
8. Take one day at a time. Don’t worry too much. Good times will come again.
9. Stop reading the news all the time. Most of it is controlled by a select few made to shock you and make you fearful to even leave your house (not that you can right now lol).
10. Take this time to work on yourself and plan what you are going to do with your life. Turn a negative into as much of a positive as you can.
This will be over gradually. It may come again but if you are smart, you will use this horrible time as a reminder that life is short and you need to live it to the fullest.