There is a lot of talk about once lockdown is over, businesses will get back to normal and all will be good etc These are some of my views:
1. Don’t be so “afraid”. Fear stops you from thinking logically.
2. I am certain that things will not get back to “normal”, as positive as I am. For example, I was speaking to my lawyer in Spain about some properties there and I was telling him I will start seriously looking once the downturn bites, later this year and the next. His opinion is that I better make an offer now before things get back to normal post lockdown!! Whilst I admire his positivity, there is no way on earth that Spain will “get back to normal” so fast! Or any other country for that matter.
3. Whilst I am not a conspiracy theorist, I am open-minded. I believe there is much more going on in the world than we know or we are led to believe. I make no judgements because I don’t have that level of access. As Albert Einstein said: “The measure of intelligence is the ability to change”.
4. You need to 100% look after your mental health right now. It will be a valuable asset to have in the coming months. If you are finding life hard at home, keep to yourself more and don’t get into “situations”.
5. If you have a business, this is not a “holiday”. You still need to be thinking about alternative ways to grow and planning for your future. If after all this, you still have a business, then you are one of the lucky ones and should thank god or whatever you believe in.
6. Government bailing everyone out is just a short-term fix to a problem that will still exist in a different way. Be prepared for hardships and don’t think the world will get back to normal with the flick of a switch.
7. There are a lot of business opportunities out there right now and there will be many more post lockdown. They will be in a different form and you need to think outside of the box.
8. Save your cash as it will become useful shortly (I don’t mean physical cash!).
9. Be patient, don’t rush into any decisions right now during lockdown - whether personal or business.
10. Make sure you are exercising to keep your sanity.